Thursday, March 24, 2011
How To Raise Chickens: 10 Easy Steps
1. Build a small coop in the back corner of your yard with a roosting bar and laying "boxes" inside. Or a small portable A-frame.
2. Up to four Chickens per laying box.
3. Get a water and feed apparatus.
4. Line with straw.
5. Make sure you have a fenced in yard if you have "close" neighbors
6. Make sure you are not attached to any plants, shrubs or grass or mulch in your backyard.
7. Buy a few chicks at around $3/each.
8. Raise to 6 months for laying hens. (Kill and eat any roosters in the batch)
9. Collect eggs.
10. Make omelets galore.
(Repeat steps 7-10)