Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cantaloupe Freeze





I used to have a job at a local smoothie shop.  For a very short period of time we sold a cantaloupe smoothie of which I couldn't get enough.  It was the perfect way to eat that vitamin packed fruit.

The other day it was buy one get one free on the juicy orange melon at our grocery store.  I brought home two really ripe ones.  I cubed one and then froze the cubes in a freezer bag.

2 cups ice
1 1/2 cups frozen cantaloupe pieces
2 cups milk
2 generous scoops of your favorite frozen yogurt (I used TJs "pleasantly tart" nonfat plain)
1 Tablespoon honey (or sugar)

Blend.  Take it outside and watch your own melons grow above your potatoes.  What!?  You haven't planted a melon yet.  Do it today.  Stick a seed in the ground.  Easy as smoothie.  Serves 2.

©SweatBread 2011

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I want a glass of this right now. Oh, and I have an obsession with honey-comb shaped anything. Love the counter tops.

Emily said...

I made this the other night and it was amazing. Thanks for the recipe!